Pipe Repair & Replacement in Savannah, GA & Beaufort, SC
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Proudly Serving the Coastal Empire & the Lowcountry
Damaged water pipes pose a major threat to your home. They can cause serious damage to your home’s foundation, waste significant amounts of water, and ruin your personal property.
When you need fast and efficient pipe repairs or replacements, trust the team at Canady’s Heating • Air • Plumbing. For over 35 years, our licensed and insured plumbers have provided exceptional plumbing services that homeowners and business owners trust.
Signs You Need Pipe Repair or Replacement
Your water pipes are often out of sight, out of mind, but hidden leaks can create significant water damage before you realize. That’s why it’s critical to be aware of signs that you may require pipe services.
Call our expert plumbers if you experience any of the following:
- No water
- Low water pressure
- Unexplained increase in water bills
- Discolored water
- Water stains on walls and ceilings
Emergency Pipe Repair
At Canady’s, we know that pipe issues require immediate attention. With our emergency plumbing repairs, our team is here to handle even the most complex pipe issues.
We’ll quickly diagnose the problem and provide the long-lasting repairs you need to restore your plumbing to proper working order.
What To Do: Leaky Pipes vs. Frozen Pipes vs. Burst Pipes
If you’re dealing with frozen, burst, or leaky pipes, it’s important to take immediate action to minimize damage. Here’s how you should handle each issue:
- Leaky pipes: Look for the source of the leak, which could be indicated by dripping water sounds or water stains. Avoid using your plumbing if you can and call an emergency plumber to repair the pipe.
- Frozen pipes: If your pipes freeze during a cold snap, open your faucets to release pressure in the pipes. Then gradually heat exposed pipes with a hair dryer or space heater. You’ll need a plumber to inspect your pipes for breaks.
- Burst pipes: Shut off your water and power as precautionary steps, especially if it’s flooded an area of your home. Then, call an emergency plumber to replace the pipes. Safely remove valuables from the area and clean up any water you can to minimize the risks of mold and water damage.
Choose Canady’s for Expert Plumbing Services in Savannah, GA & Beaufort County, SC
If you need pipe repair or replacement, call the team at Canady’s Heating • Air • Plumbing. We’ve prioritized our customers’ comfort with exceptional customer service and upfront pricing since 1986.
Our professional plumbers are licensed, insured, and background-checked for your peace of mind, and with our discounts for military personnel, veterans, and seniors, it’s no wonder we’re the local choice for premier plumbing services.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the common causes of pipe leaks?
The most common reasons for leaky pipes include:
- High water pressure
- Shifting soil
- Rapid temperature changes
Do I need repiping?
Consider the following factors to determine whether you’re ready for repiping:
- The age of your pipes: Depending on the material, pipes can last anywhere from 20 to 100 years or more.
- Outdated materials: If you have Orangeburg, lead, polybutylene, or galvanized steel pipes, they should be replaced.
- Constant issues: If you’re dealing with leaks, low water pressure, corrosion, or other water supply issues, it may be time to repipe your home.
How do you prevent frozen pipes?
If you’re expecting temperatures below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, protect your pipes by:
- Dripping water in faucets
- Opening under-sink cabinets to encourage air circulation
- Insulating exposed pipes
- Draining water from all outside spigots