Air Conditioning Repair in Savannah, GA & Beaufort, SC
Proudly Serving the Coastal Empire & the Lowcountry
Your home’s air conditioner is essential to maintaining your family’s comfort, especially during our hot and humid summers. If your AC isn’t keeping your home cool, Canady’s Heating • Air • Plumbing can help.
Since 1986, our expert technicians have provided reliable air conditioning services to our customers, including AC repairs.
It’s important to address any malfunction quickly, as a small issue can lead to bigger issues if left unresolved. We can help even if you’re dealing with a complete AC breakdown.
Emergency AC Repair
Canady’s offers emergency HVAC repair to restore your cooling system as quickly as possible if you experience a breakdown.
We’ll assess your air conditioner, determine the problem, and provide an efficient and effective solution.
Sign You Need an Air Conditioning Repair
Below are common signs your system needs to be serviced by a professional:
- You notice higher utility bills: A sudden or unexplained increase in your energy costs can indicate your system is running less efficiently due to a broken component.
- Your AC blows warm air: This can indicate low refrigerant caused by a refrigerant leak or compressor problems.
- Your AC produces strange odors: A strong smell from your system can suggest mold growth, freon leaks, or an electrical hazard.
- Your AC short cycles: When your system cycles off and on rapidly, it can be caused by a dirty air filter, frozen evaporator coils, or an improperly sized unit.
Scheduling preventative air conditioning maintenance each spring is the best way to minimize the need for repairs.
AC Repair vs. Replacement
When your air conditioner isn’t running optimally, it can be tough to determine if you need a repair or replacement.
Typically, you can expect your system to last about 10 to 15 years, so systems under 10 years old can likely can be repaired unless you need to replace a major component, like the compressor.
As your system ages, however, it’s important to weigh the costs of repairs against the value of the system. Our experts can assess your air conditioner and determine if repairs will provide a lasting solution or if AC replacement is the best option for your cooling needs and budget.
Choose Canady’s for Air Conditioning Repair in Savannah & Beaufort
At Canady’s Heating • Air • Plumbing, we’re committed to keeping our customers comfortable with top-quality HVAC services and premier products.
We offer upfront pricing and financing options for Savannah and Beaufort homeowners as well as military, veteran, and senior discounts. Financing is subject to credit approval.
Our licensed and insured technicians are background-checked and highly trained. You can trust that we’ll respect you and your home and provide reliable service recommendations.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you troubleshoot your air conditioner?
If your air conditioner isn’t performing like expected, we recommend going through the following checklist:
- Check your thermostat settings: Ensure your thermostat is set to cool with the fan on auto.
- Check your air filters: Clogged air filters can lead to a number of issues, so be sure to change them at least every 3 months.
- Remove debris near compressor: Remove any shrubs, landscaping, or other debris to ensure your outdoor unit has at least 2 feet of clearance so it can operate properly.
- Check your electrical panel: Look to see if your air conditioner’s circuit breaker tripped. If so, flip the breaker back on and restart your AC.
If your air conditioner still malfunctions, you need professional repair.
What's considered an emergency AC repair?
An emergency repair would be necessary if your AC won’t turn on, or it isn’t cooling your home. Anything that stops system operation is a significant problem, especially during extreme temperatures.
How do you defrost an AC?
Turn off your thermostat from cool to off and turn the fan from auto to on. Your air conditioner should be defrosted within a few hours.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Central AC lets you relax peacefully knowing your home cooling needs are taken care of. Each of our air conditioning units is backed with a warranty, guaranteeing a cooler, more comfortable home.
Heat pumps pull from the ground or outside air temperature to both heat and cool your home. These are a reliable, efficient choice for our climate.
Varying in speed based on your home’s heating and cooling requirements, air handlers are designed to condition and circulate the air in your home.
Air filtration delivers cleaner, healthier air throughout your entire home. It removes particles and irritants throughout your home that could worsen asthma and allergies.
Get comfort on command. A new thermostat can help you make the most out of our heating and cooling systems. We install smart and digital thermostats.