Garbage Disposal Services in Savannah, GA & Beaufort, SC
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Proudly Serving the Coastal Empire & the Lowcountry
Garbage disposals are a convenient addition to any kitchen, allowing homeowners to quickly clean up after a meal without clogging up their drains.
Whether you’re looking to install a garbage disposal in your sink or have an existing unit that needs repair, Canady’s Heating • Air • Plumbing has the team you need to get the job done right.
For over 35 years, we’ve delivered the plumbing services that families throughout Savannah and Beaufort trust. We’ll ensure your garbage disposal is in proper working order.
Garbage Disposal Installation & Replacement
Installing a garbage disposal in your kitchen sink has many benefits, including:
- Preventing drain clogs by grinding up crumbs and scraps
- Eliminating lingering food odors
- Reducing how many bags of trash you create
- Contributing less food waste in landfills
- Making kitchen cleanup a breeze
Garbage disposals typically last for about 10 years or more with proper maintenance, providing long-term value for your investment.
By cleaning your system regularly and avoiding sending certain items down your disposal, you can enjoy convenient kitchen plumbing for years to come.
Garbage Disposal Repair for Savannah & Beaufort County Homes
Even the most well-maintained garbage disposal will inevitably need repairs to maintain proper working order.
Lookout for the following signs that you need garbage disposal repair:
- Frequent kitchen sink clogs
- A jammed disposal
- Persistent foul odors
- A slow-draining sink
- An unresponsive unit
- Unusual grinding or humming noises
- Water leaks around your disposal
Canady’s also offers emergency plumbing repairs for urgent issues!
Common Causes of Garbage Disposal Issues
There are many possible reasons why your garbage disposal may fail. The most common causes of garbage disposal malfunctions include:
- Damaged components: Damaged motors, impellers, or flywheels can cause your garbage disposal to stop working altogether.
- Electrical malfunction: Tripped circuit breakers or damaged wiring can leave your garbage disposal without power.
- Improper use: Placing hard, fibrous food items down your disposal can result in significant system damage.
- Poor maintenance: Lack of regular maintenance and cleaning can lead to persistent clogs that make your garbage disposal unusable.
- System overload: Sending too many food particles down the disposal at once can cause the motor to overheat, resulting in a system shutdown.
- Wear and tear: Over time, the impellers can wear down, causing a loud, vibrating noise to erupt from your disposal.
Choose Canady’s for Garbage Disposal Services in Savannah, GA & Beaufort, SC
Since 1986, Canady’s Heating • Air • Plumbing has offered the exceptional plumbing solutions that Savannah and Beaufort families need to keep their plumbing flowing smoothly.
With upfront pricing and military, senior, and veteran discounts, our team of licensed and insured plumbers ensures the most cost-effective, long-lasting solution for your garbage disposal.
Frequently Asked Questions
What shouldn’t you put down your garbage disposal?
Avoid putting hard or starchy foods down your garbage disposal, such as:
- Fruit pits
- Coffee grounds
These items have the potential to clog or damage your system.
What are the dos and don’ts of using a garbage disposal?
Do run cold water when using your disposal and regularly clean it to avoid clogs.
Don’t send hard or starchy foods or non-food items down the disposal, and avoid overloading it with too much waste.
Why did my garbage disposal suddenly stop working?
If your garbage disposal stops working suddenly, it could be due to an electrical malfunction, tripped circuit breaker, system jam, or motor failure.
A plumber will be able to diagnose and fix the issue quickly.