Air Conditioning Installation & Replacement in Savannah, GA & Beaufort, SC
Proudly Serving the Coastal Empire & the Lowcountry
As they age, air conditioners will experience normal wear and tear that can lead to decreased efficiency and more frequent breakdowns. Unfortunately, repairs aren’t always enough to restore adequate cooling to your home. Once your AC needs frequent or expensive repairs, it’s best to replace it with a modern, energy-efficient unit.
Canady’s Heating • Air • Plumbing provides hassle-free air conditioning installation and replacement in Savannah, Beaufort, and surrounding areas. Our team of NATE-certified and background-checked technicians can help you select the best system for your cooling needs.
Signs You Need a New AC
It’s important to replace your air conditioner before your system fails completely. Otherwise, you risk being without a working AC for an extended period, rushing your decision on a new cooling unit, or not budgeting for your replacement.
Watch out for these signs you need replacement is a better solution than AC repairs:
- Your system is over 10 years old: You can expect your air conditioner to last for 10 to 15 years with routine maintenance.
- AC repairs cost over 50% of the cost to replace the system: At that point, you benefit more from putting that money toward the cost of a new system.
- Your system needs frequent repairs: No one wants recurring cooling issues. A new system will operate reliably, so you won’t need service as often.
- Your cooling costs are too high: If your energy costs have increased over the years, a new, energy-efficient system will reduce your monthly costs.
How to Choose the Right Air Conditioner for Your Home
Our knowledgeable technicians will work with you to determine which air conditioner is right for you. We’ll consider the following factors:
- System efficiency: Energy efficiency is measured by your unit’s SEER. A higher rating indicates greater efficiency.
- Home size: Your system should be properly sized to suit your home’s square footage and layout.
- Sound: Consider where your AC will be installed when determining if you can handle a louder or quieter system.
- Price: Cost will obviously be a big factor in which system you choose. Our team can help you get the best system within your budget.
Alternate Comfort Systems
Heat pumps and ductless mini-splits are great alternatives to central air conditioning systems.
Heat pumps heat and cool your home by moving heat into your home in winter and out of your home in summer. They’re the most energy-efficient HVAC system and great for our climate.
Ductless mini-splits cool your home, and some models provide heating as well. They provide zoned comfort without ductwork, making them great options for precise temperature control throughout your home.
Schedule AC, ductless HVAC, or heat pump installation with Canady’s by calling (912) 597-2458 today.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Air Conditioner
Investing in a new air conditioner is a big decision, but doing so has many benefits:
- Improved energy efficiency
- Faster and more effective cooling
- Lower monthly energy costs
- Improved indoor air quality
- Fewer repair needs
- Smart thermostat compatibility
- And more
Contact Canady’s for AC Replacement in Savannah & Beaufort
With over 36 years of dedicated service, Canady’s Heating • Air • Plumbing is committed to delivering exceptional service and installing superior products.
We offer our Comfort Club to simplify annual AC service and provide exclusive benefits like priority scheduling and credit toward the purchase of a new system.
We also offer military, senior, and veteran discounts, upfront pricing, and financing options so you can find a solution that suits your budget. Financing is subject to credit approval.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will an oversized air conditioner keep my home cooler?
An oversized system will cool your home quickly, which will cause the unit to short-cycle, draw excess energy, and strain key components.
This bad for the longevity of your AC and will also run up your utility bills.
What are SEER ratings?
SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. This is the metric used to measure cooling efficiency for air conditioners, ductless mini-splits, and heat pumps.
Any air conditioner manufactured after January 1, 2023, must have a SEER2 rating of 14.3 or higher.
How can I prevent premature AC replacement?
The best way to maximize the life span of your cooling system is to schedule annual air conditioning maintenance each spring.
Preventative service will prepare your system for summer and address any small issues before they become larger problems that impact your comfort.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Central AC lets you relax peacefully knowing your home cooling needs are taken care of. Each of our air conditioning units is backed with a warranty, guaranteeing a cooler, more comfortable home.
Heat pumps pull from the ground or outside air temperature to both heat and cool your home. These are a reliable, efficient choice for our climate.
Varying in speed based on your home’s heating and cooling requirements, air handlers are designed to condition and circulate the air in your home.
Air filtration delivers cleaner, healthier air throughout your entire home. It removes particles and irritants throughout your home that could worsen asthma and allergies.
Get comfort on command. A new thermostat can help you make the most out of our heating and cooling systems. We install smart and digital thermostats.