Heat Pump SERVICES IN SAVANNAH, GA & BEAUFORT, SC
Proudly Serving the Coastal Empire & the Lowcountry
With our sweltering summers and mild winters, heat pumps are an excellent HVAC system that offers year-round comfort to families all over the Lowcountry and Coastal Empire. Like all major home appliances, your HVAC system requires the care and attention of a knowledgeable technician to keep in proper working condition.
At Canady’s Heating • Air • Plumbing, our team offers the comprehensive heat pump solutions that local residents have trusted for more than 35 years. From installation and replacement to emergency repair and routine maintenance, we cover all your heat pump service requests.
How Does a Heat Pump Work?
A heat pump is a heating and cooling system that transfers heat from one place to another using a refrigeration cycle. It operates by absorbing heat from the air or the ground and transferring it indoors for heating or outdoors for air conditioning.
In the winter, the refrigerant in the heat pump absorbs heat from the source, evaporates into a low-pressure gas in the evaporator, is compressed into a high-pressure gas in the compressor, and then heat is released as it condenses back into a liquid in the indoor unit. During the summer, this process is reversed, making the unit operate similar to central AC,
Because they transfer heat instead of producing it, heat pumps are an incredibly energy-efficient option for homes throughout the Lowcountry and Coastal Empire.
Heat Pump Installation & Replacement
Whether you’re installing a heat pump in your home for the first time or have a unit that’s older than 15 years old in need of replacement, Canady’s can help.
We specialize in professional heat pump installation and replacement, ensuring your new HVAC system is properly set up through our proven process:
- Site assessment: Our team will determine the best installation location for your new unit as well as the system size needed to satisfy your comfort demands.
- Equipment removal: Whether you have a central air conditioner and furnace or an older heat pump in place, our team will carefully remove your existing units from your home and dispose of them in compliance with current safety and environmental standards.
- Professional installation: We’ll install indoor and outdoor components, connect refrigerant lines, and ensure proper air distribution through your ductwork for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- Final inspection: Our team will carefully review the installation to ensure proper system function. We’ll answer any questions you have to ensure you know how to operate your new heat pump.
Emergency Heat Pump Repair
Even the best maintained systems can experience the occasional malfunction. At Canady’s, we take your heat pump repair requests seriously, offering the rapid response required to resolve all your HVAC emergencies.
Using the most sophisticated tools and techniques, we deliver long-lasting repair solutions that allow you to regain total comfort fast.
Signs you need heat pump repair include:
- Insufficient heating or cooling
- Odd noises
- Increased energy bills
- Ice buildup on the unit
- Water leaks
- Refrigerant leaks
Heat Pump Maintenance
Heat pumps require twice annual maintenance if you use them year-round. Schedule routine service before every winter and summer.
At Canady’s, our team offers comprehensive heat pump tune-ups to keep your system in proper working condition.
By sticking to a routine maintenance schedule, you’ll enjoy:
- Improved energy efficiency
- Extended system life span
- Enhanced home comfort
- Reduced repair requests
- Manufacturer warranty compliance
Request Heat Pump Services With Canady’s Today!
For more than 35 years, Canady’s Heating • Air • Plumbing has proudly served homeowners throughout the Coastal Empire and the Lowcountry, delivering top-quality HVAC solutions that families trust.
With our lifetime HVAC warranty guarantee and team of certified technicians, we are confident in our ability to deliver superior heat pump solutions that keep your home comfortable all year long.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is dual-fuel heating?
Dual-fuel heating is a system that combines two sources of heating, typically a heat pump and a backup gas furnace, to provide efficient and cost-effective heating.
You’ll rely on your heat pump most of the time, but your furnace will turn on when outdoor temperatures dip below 32 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure optimal comfort.
How are heat pumps different from central AC?
Heat pumps can both heat and cool a space by transferring heat, while central air conditioners only provide cooling by removing heat from the indoor air.
Heat pumps offer year-round climate control, making them more versatile and energy-efficient for heating in moderate climates.
What are the benefits of installing a heat pump?
Installing a heat pump offers many benefits, including:
- Energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Lower utility bills
- Reduced environmental impact
- Year-round comfort from one unit
- Lower installation costs compared to a central AC and furnace together