Emergency HVAC Repair in Savannah, GA & Beaufort, SC
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Proudly Serving the Coastal Empire & the Lowcountry
When it comes to HVAC breakdowns, you can’t always wait for service. At Canady’s Heating • Air • Plumbing, we offer emergency HVAC services throughout Beaufort County and Savannah to help you restore your home comfort system.
Our professional HVAC technicians are industry experts with the tools and skills to properly diagnose your heating and cooling issue and give you the long-lasting repairs you need.
Signs You Need Emergency HVAC Repair
When your HVAC system breaks down, you need service fast before you and your family become unbearable hot or cold.
Signs that you may need emergency HVAC repair include:
- Leaks from the unit
- Visible damage to the unit
- Limited airflow
- Insufficient temperature control
- Frequently tripped breakers
- Smoke from the unit
- Strange sounds from the unit
- Foul smells from the unit
Common Causes of AC Breakdowns
- Dirty air filters: If your filters are clogged, your system has to work much harder to cool your home, which can cause the system to blow warm air or no air at all.
- Evaporator coil issues: This part of your system absorbs heat and humidity and will not work properly if dirty or damaged, which causes the temperature in your home to rise.
- Refrigerant leak: If your system is losing refrigerant due to a leak, it will be unable to cool your home. This could also cause your cooling system to freeze over.
Common issues for homes with alternative cooling systems, like ductless mini-splits, include compressor malfunctions, dust on the coils, and leaks.
Common Causes of Furnace Breakdowns
- Clogged vents: Blocked vents can cause your furnace to overheat and shut down.
- Fan motor issues: Damage and debris on your fan motor can prevent heat from circulating in your home.
- Faulty heat exchanger coils: When your furnace isn’t properly insulated, the heat exchanger coils can burn out.
Homes that utilize a heat pump or geothermal system may have issues like broken compressor contractors, dirty coils, or faulty capacitors or valves.
Choose Canady’s for Emergency HVAC Repair in Savannah & Beaufort
At Canady’s, we’re proud to offer emergency HVAC services to get your home back to the ideal temperature quickly.
With more than 35 years of industry experience, we offer service for all brands and free estimates on replacements if a repair can’t restore your system.
Our upfront pricing means there are never any surprises when it comes time for the bill, and with our financing options, you never have to wait for the repairs you need because of your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I prevent HVAC breakdowns?
Ensure that your HVAC systems receives professional tune-ups twice a year — one for your heating system and one for your cooling system.
During your AC and furnace maintenance, your HVAC technician will thoroughly clean, inspect, and test your system and repair any minor issues before they become major problems, reducing your risk of future breakdowns.
How do I know if I should repair or replace my HVAC system?
Just because your system has broken down doesn’t mean you need a replacement.
There are many factors that can influence the decision of whether to repair or replace, especially the age of the unit and the cost of the necessary repair.
Your technician may recommend HVAC replacement if your system is over 10 years old and needs repairs costing more than 50% of the unit’s value.
How do I troubleshoot my HVAC unit?
If your system isn’t working properly, there are a few ways you can troubleshoot the issue:
- Check that your thermostat is set properly and that it doesn’t need new batteries.
- Check your electrical panel for tripped circuit breakers.
- Replace or clean dirty air filters.
- Check vents for obstructions.
If these steps don’t solve your HVAC issues, call for professional HVAC repair.